September | October
- Saturday 14th
- “Sponsored Ride and Stride”: The annual Friends of Essex Churches sponsored bike ride and walk. 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- Music for Lunch, 12.30 p.m. Jonathan Lilley (piano).
- Beetle Drive: Includes supper, but bring your own drinks and glasses. Tickets: £5 adults, £1 children. Attendance limited to 60. 6.30 for 7.00 p.m. in the Abbey Church Centre.
- Saturday 21st
- Music for Lunch, 12.30 p.m. Ayako Yamazaki (violin) and Yohei Nakajima (viola).
- Tower open, 1.30 to 3.45 p.m. (last admission, 3.30 p.m.). Admission, £5. All welcome but minimum age of 8 to ascend the tower. In aid of the Bell Repair Fund.
- Saturday 28th
Organ Day: celebrating the Abbey Church’s rebuilt organ.
- Music for Lunch, 12.30 p.m. Francis Knights, Performer Scholar and early keyboard specialist at Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge. Music by former Abbey musician Thomas Tallis played on harpsichord and chamber organ.
- Pedals and Pipes for Children – fun fact-finding about the church pipe organ. 2.00 to 3.00 p.m. Places limited – please email email@example.com by Wednesday 25th September.
- Waltham Abbey Organ Festival 2019-2020: Inaugural recital by Abbey organist Jonathan Lilley, featuring a newly commissioned work by David Bednall in honour of Thomas Tallis. 6.00 p.m. in the Abbey Church.
- Sunday 29th
- Parish Eucharist with dedication of rebuilt organ by the Bishop of Chelmsford. 10.30 a.m.
- Saturday 5th
- Waltham Abbey Organ Festival 2019-2020: Music for Lunch, 12.30 p.m. Jonathan Lilley (piano).
- An Evening of Choral Dub: choral music with dub reggae, 7.30 p.m. Music by Tallis, Byrd, Palestrina, Monteverdi, Allegri, Lotti and Purcell. Dub arrangements by John Collins. Tickets £5 from Waltham Abbey Tourist Information Centre, 6 Highbridge Street (01992 660336 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Sunday 6th
- Civic Service and Eucharist, 10.30 a.m.
- Saturday 12th
- Music for Lunch, 12.30 p.m. Cambridge Renaissance Voices.
- Sunday 13th
- Harvest Parish Eucharist, 10.30 a.m.
- Choral Evensong attended by The Friends of Waltham Abbey Church, 6.30 p.m. Preacher: The Revd Louise Vincer, former curate at the Abbey. Preceded, from 4.30 p.m., by tea/coffee and cake in the Lady Chapel.
- Saturday 19th
- Music for Lunch, 12.30 p.m. Musician(s) from Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance.
- St Lawrence Church, Ninefields: Quiz Night, 6.30 for 7.00 p.m. Teams of 6 to 8. Tickets £10 include fish/chicken and chips or vegetarian option. Soft drinks available, but you are welcome to bring other drinks.
- Saturday 26th
- Waltham Abbey Organ Festival 2019-2020: Music for Lunch, 12.30 p.m. A10 Strings conducted by David Boarder, with Jonathan Lilley (organ).