- Thursday 2nd
- Jubilee Beacon Lighting Ceremony. Waltham Abbey is joining in the lighting of thousands of beacons across the country to celebrate Her Majesty the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. The ceremony, organised by the Waltham Abbey Town Partnership, will be in the Glebe, the open space across the footbridge behind the Rectory. and will commence at 9.00 p.m. with the Reading, by the Revd Peter Smith, of the official Proclamation, followed by a contribution by Abbey Performing Arts, a tune by a Scottish piper, an anthem sung by the town’s U3A choir, and a bugle call, all created especially for the Jubilee. The beacon lighting itself will be 9.45 p.m., preceded by an Address by the Mayor, and the evening will conclude with the National Anthem. Everyone is invited to attend this historic event.
- Saturday 4th
- Music for Lunch. 12.30 p.m. Opera Asteria: festive programme for the Jubilee weekend.
- Saturday 11th
- Music for Lunch. 12.30 p.m. Krassimira Jeliazkova-Jones (violin) and Veronica Henderson (cello).
- Saturday 18th
- Music for Lunch. 12.30 p.m. Ed Birchinall (baritone) and Florent Mourier (piano).
- Platinum Jubilee Afternoon Tea Party. 4.00 to 7.00 p.m. in the Abbey Church Centre. Come and join in the Jubilee Celebrations with a glass of Pimm’s on arrival, followed by freshly made assorted sandwiches and hot savouries, assorted cupcakes, scones with cream and jam, tea or coffee. A fun 'royal picture quiz', good company and fellowship. Numbers limited to 50. Tickets:£9.50. from the Olive Branch, Tourist Information or the Parish Office. Reserve your place. Early booking essential for this special event.
- Saturday 25th
- Felicitas 30th Anniversary Concert. 7.30 p.m. in The Abbey Church. Favourite works from the last 30 years of music making, including Batten, Morley, Palestrina, Rachmaninov and many more. Tickets £15 on the door, or £12 in advance from TicketSource.
- Wednesday 6th
- Vespers for the Departed and Vigil for the Revd. Canon Joyce Smith. 6.00 p.m. in the Abbey Church.
- Thursday 7th
- Funeral Service for the The Revd. Canon Joyce Smith. 10.30 a.m. in the Abbey Church.
- Saturday 9th
Music for Lunch. 12.30 p.m. Broxbourne Music Centre end of term concert.