May | June
- Sunday 1st
- Dedication Festival: Services at 8.30 and 10.30 a.m. and 6.30 p.m.
- Sunday Club reopens.
- Saturday 7th
- Music for Lunch. 12.30 p.m. Krassimira Jeliazkova-Jones (violin) and Jonathan Lilley (organ). Music by Bach for violin and organ.
- Saturday 14th
- Music for Lunch. 12.30 p.m. Jonathan Lilley (piano). French piano music.
- Come and Sing Fauré Requiem: 2.00 to 6.00 p.m. in the Abbey Church. An exciting opportunity to sing Fauré’s timeless masterpiece under the direction of Tansy Castledine (director of music at Peterborough Cathedral). £10 for RSCM members, £12.50 for non-RSCM members, or £5 for under 18s! To book, email email@example.com with your name, voice part, and whether you’d like to hire a copy. If you would like to sing, please do contact the RSCM; they would love to hear from you. You are welcome to pass on the information to anyone who may be interested.
- Sunday 15th to Sunday 22nd
- Christian Aid Week. If you would like to make a donation, giving envelopes will be available in church, or you can donate online. Thank you.
- Thursday 19th
- Friends of Waltham Abbey Church AGM. 7.30 p.m. in the Abbey Church.
- Saturday 21st
- Music for Lunch. 12.30 p.m. Thomas Hawkes (organ).
- Wednesday 25th
- Annual District Church Meeting. 7.30 p.m. in the Abbey Church Centre.
- Saturday 28th
- Music for Lunch. 12.30 p.m. Kolja Gibbs (guitar).
- Saturday 4th
- Music for Lunch. 12.30 p.m. Opera Asteria: festive programme for the Jubilee weekend.
- Saturday 11th
- Music for Lunch. 12.30 p.m. Krassimira Jeliazkova-Jones (violin) and Veronica Henderson (cello).
- Saturday 18th
- Music for Lunch. 12.30 p.m. Ed Birchinall (baritone) and Florent Mourier (piano).
- Platinum Jubilee Afternoon Tea Party. 4.00 to 7.00 p.m. in the Abbey Church Centre. Come and join in the Jubilee Celebrations with a glass of Pimm’s on arrival, followed by freshly made assorted sandwiches and hot savouries, assorted cupcakes, scones with cream and jam, tea or coffee. A fun 'royal picture quiz', good company and fellowship. Numbers limited to 50. Tickets:£9.50. from the Olive Branch, Tourist Information or the Parish Office. Reserve your place. Early booking essential for this special event.